Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

1 jar spaghetti sauce
6 TBS grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I usually use 3 split chicken breasts and debone them)
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375. Pour Sauce into 13 x 9 in. baking dish
2. Carefully stir in 4 TBS of the Parmesan cheese
3. Add chicken; turn over to evenly coat both sides with sauce.
4. Cover with foil.
5. Bake 30 min. Uncover
6. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining 2 TBS Parmesan; continue baking for 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
7. Serve over hot cooked pasta, if desired.

To freeze, I simple mix the spaghetti sauce and parmesan in a ziplock bag and add chicken.
To serve, thaw the chicken and sauce, then place it in the baking dish and proceed from step 4.

1 comment:

Peters said...

This looks so good. I am your newest follower. I freeze meals and use my crockpot often. Thanks for sharing. I will be coming back agaiin :)
Jenny at thepetersporch.blogspot.com
Come and visit anytime